With so much societal pressure urging us to be as thin as the person on the cover of newsstand magazines, it’s easy to get discouraged. But, there is NO reason to believe that you can’t have the life you’ve always wanted. The road to a healthier, happier you is just around the corner. But nobody can take the wheel for you, it is up to you. Change your mindset, clear your head of all that negative energy, and believe in yourself. The weight loss journey shouldn’t be a negative one, it should be a road filled with accomplishments, achievements, and ultimately confidence. The trick is finding the program that works for your individual needs. At Weight Loss Avenue, we can help you find a program that can make your weight loss dreams a reality.
There is so much information out there, and so many theories about how to lose weight, how do I know what to believe?
We’ve compiled a list of great tips that have been tested and re-tested and proven successful for healthy weight loss.
10 Helpful Hints for Successful Weight Loss
- #1 Helpful Weight Loss Hint. The age old adage, “Eat your fruit and vegetables!”If you eat two fruits or vegetables with every meal, you will feel fuller without all the calories. Replace the high calorie portions of your meal with the “healthy stuff,” and you will be amazed and how quickly and easily you begin to cut a substantial amount of calories out of your daily diet.
- #2 Helpful Weight Loss Hint.“Don’t Skip Breakfast.” Breakfast truly is the most important meal of the day.It jump starts your metabolism and helps you fight the tendency to overeat throughout the day.Try eating something filling like oatmeal, or low-fat cottage cheese with an apple.
- #3 Helpful Weight Loss Hint.“Eat every 2 to 3 Hours.” Eat often, but eat healthy. Doing so keeps your metabolism going, and keeps you feeling full. If you are consistently eating small healthy portions throughout the day, you are far less likely to overeat. Try eating healthy snacks such as: Oranges, Apples, Whole Wheat chips, String Cheese, Pretzels etc. Pre-cut fruits and vegetables make them easier to snack on.
- #4 Helpful Weight Loss Hint.“Control Your Portions:” Just because it is okay to eat lean meat, it doesn’t mean you should eat a whole chicken. Get familiar with portion sizes, for instance, a three ounce serving of meat is about the size of a deck of cards, and a serving of rice is only the size of your fist.
- #5 Helpful Weight Loss Hint.“Less isn’t always more, don’t skip meals!” So many times people think that they are cutting calories and doing their bodies a favor when they skip meals, they couldn’t be more wrong! When you skip a meal, your body thinks that it is starving which triggers it to store your next meal as pure fat. The body is an amazing thing, built to protect itself, so treat it well and it will do the same for you.
- #6 Helpful Weight Loss Hint.“Drink at least 2 to 3 liters of water a day.” A simple glass of water is so critical, yet often overlooked. Water helps curb your appetite, and it helps your digestive system, which in turn will help you lose weight.
- #7 Helpful Weight Loss Hint.“Cut down on the alcohol.” If you limit your alcohol to special occasions only, it will be extremely beneficial in achieving your weight loss goals. Alcohol is very fattening, and you are much more likely to make unwise decisions about your health when it is in your system. The best method would be abstaining completely, but if you can’t do that, at least cut down.
- #8 Helpful Weight Loss Hint.“The buddy system is best!” People are far more likely to succeed when they have a support system. If you know somebody else who would jump at the chance of living a healthier happier lifestyle, ask them to join you. Keep each other motivated and share your concerns as well as your triumphs. It will be helpful to know you aren’t alone.
- #9 Helpful Weight Loss Hint.“Be Active!” The most successful methods of long term weight loss all include living an active lifestyle. Not only is it good for helping you meet your weight loss goals, it is also critical for your overall health. Plus, it just plain makes you feel good!
- #10 Helpful Weight Loss Hint.“Stay strong!” First of all, realize that everybody messes up every now and again, but don’t let that mess up deter you from your long term goal. If you get off track for a moment, just hop right back on and keep pushing. When you are out with family or friends, look for creative ways to eat healthy and still enjoy the company. It is possible, YOU can achieve the look you have always wanted! Just stay strong, you’re worth it!
At Weight Loss Avenue, we do our best to provide you with helpful tools, tips, and methods to help you achieve your goals. We also want to remind you, that you should always consult your doctor before starting a new exercise or diet program. So, now it’s your turn, go ahead and take the plunge, take your first step on the road to weight loss.